Google Orchestra AdWords is the latest project I have finished. It is more of an app than a game and generally pretty simple. It was built to help Google and their customers celebrate their first year of using Google AdWords.
You play the game by matching the keys (by pressing the correct key on the keyboard or onscreen) to the sequence. When you do this correctly you get to see the characters play their instruments and when you complete the full sequence you get to see the final celebration.
Initially, you had to play two sequences and the song was “happy birthday” but due to legal reasons this was changed to something more abstract and simplified to one sequence.
All the animations were built in flash and initially, we tried rendering the vector’s to the canvas via the drawing api but this was too demanding for slower mobile browsers so instead we use more conventional sprite-sheets.
I think the biggest limitation on the project was my lack of musical knowledge but in the end, I did come away from the project able to read basic sheet music :)